Broad Arrow Militaria
The Sold Gallery
Your cart is empty

.22 RF Single Shot 1912 Ross Training Rifle

CHECKOUT NOT PERMITTED FOR FIREARMS, PLEASE ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT THROUGH THE CONTACT US PAGE. Firearms advertised on this site are done so for promotional purposes only and are restricted to Canadian clients. Under no circumstances are Firearms sold on-line. All sales are to be conducted in person. If you see an item of interest, please contact us directly for more information.

All original. The stock between the front of the trigger guard and about 2 inches in front of the action was cracked and repaired many years ago. I expect an armoury repair. Slight hairline crack on fore stock on both sides, barely noticeable. Stamped on the left side of the butt stock is "DWM" above "507316". The serial number on the stock matches the serial number stamped on the left side of the receiver with hand dies. I am sure to comply with Canadian firearms laws which states that the receiver needs a serial number. Barrel has serial number stamped on left side "14949".

Dominion of Canada proof marks on the top rear of barrel. Receiver is stamped "ROSS RIFLE COMPANY, CANADA, 1912." The wood shows signs of normal wear with a few digs and scratches but maintains its original finish. Overall metal finish is about 50% of original. Butt plate has military style trapdoor, for cleaning gear. The sight hood has some minor small dents. The bore is overall clean with good rifling but has some minor corrosion. I would rate it as good. I have test fired this rifle and it functions well.

This is the type of training rifle shown in plate 102A of "The Ross Rifle Story" by Phillips et al. This is a significant piece of Canadian military history and a is very collectable.

• ITEM:M281
  • Shipping Weight: 1kgs
  • 0 Units in Stock
Sold Out
$500.00